The Mechanical Lead is responsible for providing direction in regards to the activities of the mechanical maintenance team with the objective of maximizing equipment availability, reliability and uptime at minimum cost. In addition this position will focus on continuous improvement initiatives to optimize maintenance functions.
The Mechanical Lead is charged with supporting the execution of maintenance work through the scheduling, coordinating and directing of maintenance work orders. Coordinates the availability of facilities and equipment to be worked on, ensures parts, materials, special tools, and equipment as well as personnel with the appropriate skills for orderly and efficient work execution. Ensures proper documentation of work performed is provided in accordance with standard practices used.
- Support and explore innovative ideas that further the company’s strategic plan;
- Act on opportunities to maximize plant uptime and production through effective utilization of resources;
- Work closely with other departments for process improvements and problem solving;
- Review equipment histories in order to submit overhaul recommendations and the annual overhaul schedule for the equipment;
- Review blueprints, as needed, to determine that prints are correct. Submit any necessary revisions to the engineering project leader.
- Millwright certification with a provincial or inter-provincial ticket;
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing, continuous process operations, large industrial machinery, and 24-hour operations;
- Experience working with hydraulic systems;
- Extensive supervisory experience in an industrial production environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance systems;
- Proven ability to assist operations with maximizing productivity of equipment, people and resources as it relates to their area of responsibility.
- A competitive wage and benefits program;
- A competitive relocation package
- A commitment to upholding the highest safety standards;
- A collaborative and respectful work environment;
- A chance to live where you work.
Interested candidates please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.