Location: Middle East – Saudi Arabia
The Turnaround Planner is responsible for the safe and effective planning of major turnarounds on various plants units..
As a Turnaround Planner, you will work with a dynamic team of Planning professionals who are accountable for: scope development, long lead material procurement, cost estimation, financial forecasting, detailed planning, schedule creation, and progress reporting. This is a challenging, fast paced and highly interactive role that requires good interpersonal and organizational skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Validate work scope packages that have been progressed to the detailed planning phase.
· Identify hazards and other safety considerations associated with completing the work scope and include actions & measures directly in the plan to mitigate any such hazards.
· Create task packages and relationships to develop a detailed
· outage schedule, integrating projects plans and performing critical path analysis.
· Identify the required resources to complete the work:
manpower, contracting services, equipment, tooling & facilities.
· Identify and place orders for parts and consumables required including long lead parts requirements.
· Identify and include in the plans all outage related documentation including quality control requirements.
Form an integral part of the turnaround execution team, monitoring progress and updating the schedule in real time, providing visibility of risks and opportunities to the plan.
· Perform turnaround close-out activities including order closures, parts management and capturing learning's.
· Active involvement in safety programs within the site.
· Providing safe execution plans of Turnaround Maintenance activities and complying with safety work procedures/ processes.
· Ensuring work practices are in compliance with environmental procedures.
· Ensuring facilities are maintained/ constructed according to the requirements of the work package.
· Plan Turnaround Maintenance activities.
· Coordination of multiple contract planners through detailed planning of Turnaround Maintenance activities.
· Coordinating logistics and utilization of materials and equipment associated with maintenance activities.
· Steward overall Primavera plan with ultimate responsibility for cost and schedule.
· Work with multiple mechanical organization functions on material procurement/fabrication for estimates and delivery.
· Work with management on contracting strategy alignment.
· Support cost tracking organization to forecast turnaround based on changes to scope and schedule updates.
· Work with others departments / organization on deliverables
· required for turnaround planning.
· Steward completion of deliverables for turnaround planning.
· Generate various stewardship tools for tracking manpower, schedule progress, change orders, etc.
· Support execution organization during downtime planning discovery (incoming) work and analyzing schedule impacts.
· Anticipating issues in the planning process to reduce delays and meet deliverable timing.
· Identify and implement opportunities for mechanical efficiencies in execution of a turnaround.
· BS degree in engineering and/ or technologist/trades certificates coupled with extensive experience in Turnaround planning
· Formal Project Management training and/or certification is an asset
· Formal Primavera training is an asset
· Formal SAP training with a focus on the PS and PM Modules is an asset
· Minimum four (4) years work experience in an industrial maintenance/ operating environment.
· Minimum five (5) years work experience of professional in
The following experience components would be definite assets in the position:
· Petrochemicals, oil & gas industry experience
· Field maintenance/operating experience
· Turnaround project planning and/or execution experience
· TA estimating
· TA financial forecasting and reporting
· Creation of project approvals and/or justifications
· Work experience with Primavera
· Work experience with SAP PS and PM modules
Skills & Competencies:
Skillful, knowledgeable and well versant in maintenance activities. Capable to manage workload. Lead tasks, analyze and present outcomes. you should be:
· Strong English written and verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
· Strong organization skills with an ability to prioritize competing assignments
· Strong documentation skills
· Strong decision making skills
· A proven ability to meet deadlines
· A proven ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
· Strong dedication to safety and following procedures.
· Ability to understand and react with diverse groups and operations.
· Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple activities.
Awareness of live plant work constraints.
· Understanding of all the key business processes that support maintenance.
· Basic computer skills, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS
· Experience/Working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems-SAP.
· Strong working knowledge of Primavera Enterprise planning