Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Welding Manager plans, organizes and directs, through functional area General Foremen, the service operations of Welding and Machining work; which involves the fabrication of boxes, maintenance and repair of equipment. The Welding Manager is responsible for driving results by developing and managing short and long term planning strategies for business sustainability and growth, processes, and events that foster a positive experience for internal and external customers.
Requires post-secondary degree in related education with +10 years industry experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered. +5 years of supervisory experience is also a requirement.
Must have a general working knowledge of the heavy mining equipment area as well the technical expertise for the Komatsu line of products the company currently services.
· Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
· Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
· Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
· Planning and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and complete projects.
· Ability to work independently and/ or as part of a team.
· Team building attributes with team player focus.
· Physical ability to supervise and inspect work in maintenance environment.
· Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
· Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
· Ability to coordinate quality assurance programs in area of specialty.
· Ability to resolve, implement, and enforce safety programs.
· Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
· Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
· Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
· Ability to analyze budgetary expenditures for compliance with approved budget.
· Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
· Management, supervisory and leadership skills.
· Ability to conduct and lead meetings.
· Working knowledge of labour relations and personnel management.
· Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
· Employee development and performance management skills.
· Effective interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy with a variety of individuals and groups.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
Interested candidates please forward resume to email@example.com