Generation Power Plant Facility Engineer
The selected candidate will be the primary technical resource for plant operations. The candidate will be responsible for monitoring plant performance and the engineering, planning, and organization of projects that are undertaken at the Meridian Limited Partnership Cogen facility. Additional responsibilities will include supporting the maintenance, operations, and QA/QC groups with resolving reliability and process related issues. The Facilities Engineer reports to the Cogen Operations Manager.
- Technical resource for the facility, ensure that technical data (drawings, prints, specs) are maintained.
- Monitor the key performance indicators and assist maintenance, operations, and QA/QC in troubleshooting, and optimizing the process.
- Coordinate the annual capital project database.
- Create MOC's, DBM's, and AFE's.
- Coordinate the execution of capital and process related projects.
- Act as a liaison with inside and outside technical providers.
- Assist operations and production planning to correct inefficiencies and maintain reliability of supply to the plants customers.
- Interface with various technology providers, equipment suppliers, vendors, and contract service companies.
- Provide a detailed plan for assigned engineering work requests and projects to include manpower estimates, material procurement, and work breakdown structures.
- Work with the HLU reliability engineering group to ensure and maintain regulatory compliance of all equipment and the facility.
- Take a lead role developing and maintaining the critical, capital and operating spare parts list for procurement.
- Assist the maintenance group with reviewing equipment life cycles, historical data, and maintenance costs while flagging any problem areas, e.g. repetitive failures.
- Assist with resolving reliability issues as required.
- Coordinate contract manpower as required.
- Key technical resource for planning and executing plant shut-downs.
- Develop Data changes for SAP changes required at the Meridian Cogen Plant.
- Conduct/lead/participate in investigations into equipment failures and mechanical problems utilizing Analytical Trouble Shooting (ATS) and/or Root Cause Failure analysis (RFC) methodology.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering recognized by APEGS or APEGGA or Technologist Diploma with suitable experience
- Member of APEGS and/or ASET (or be eligible for professional designation)
- Engineering experience in an Gas fired cogen plant is preferable
- Minimum of 5 years experience in management of capital and maintenance projects
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience in an operating industrial facility
- Knowledge of applicable ASME and API, and Saskatchewan Boiler's branch regulations
- Strong computer skills with SAP experience
- H2S Alive certification required
- A valid driver's licence is required
- Leadership skill experience with Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with a focus toward continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and facilitation skills
Interested candidates please forward resume to email@example.com