- Ensure that all employees including consultants and contractors receive correct training and instruction in regard to safety expectations
- Assist Supervisors with hazard assessment situations and risk reduction strategies
- Assign responsibilities, delegate and empower others, as well as monitor results.
- Responsible for overseeing the activities of both Canadian and Cuban national workers
- Participate in G & A planning and execution including generating AFE’s and AFD’s
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the personnel and equipment involved in the implementation of the Cendec Maintenance Module as the projects General Manager.
- Participate in Capital Budget planning and execution, including design and sourcing new and/or used equipment.
- Participate in the ongoing rotation of Cuban national employees back to Petroempleo and acquiring replacements; this would include the interview process and indoctrination.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5yrs working experience.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance trades; Welder, Electrician, Mechanic, Plumber, and Carpenter.
- Knowledge of Machines and Tools, including their Designs, Uses, Repair, and Maintenance as well as Raw Materials, Production Processes, QC, Costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects
- Experience and knowledge dealing with departmental budgets
- Fluent in both English and Spanish